- This event has passed.
Franklin MRC ASSERT Training
February 16 @ 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Frankin MRC in collaboration with the May Institute is offering the following training – free and open to the community
Autism Spectrum Support for Emergency Response Teams, Volunteers, and anyone who wants to acquire strategic communication skills.
This training will discuss the needs of people with ASD and the specific impact of displacement due to emergency or disaster on this population. An overview of specific strategies for meeting communication, sensory, and behavioral needs will be provided.
Participants will receive an overview of:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD
- ASD and Emergency Preparedness.
Upon completion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify checklist items for people with ASD
- Identify resources to support people with ASD
- Demonstrate strategies to support sensory needs
- Demonstrate use of communication aids and strategies to support people with complex communication needsPresenter and ASSERT creator, Paul J. Simeone, M.A., CCC-SLP, is the Director of Rehabilitation Services May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Randolph, Massachusetts.
Coffee and Registration 9:15