1 Atwood Drive
Northampton, MA 01060
The Western Region Homeland Security Advisory Council presents the Community Organizations Active in Disasters Summit.
Join us for a one day conference exploring how the recently developed Berkshire County and Pioneer Valley COADs (Community Organizations Active in Disasters) can work together with local emergency responders during response and recovery from a disaster in western Massachusetts.Workshop topics are still being developed, but will likely include:
- What is a VOAD or a COAD ?
- Introduction to theWestern Mass. COAD Emergency Response Plan
- COAD sustainability strategies
- Intro to ICS
- What kind of support can faith-based organizations provide?
- What kind of support can housing assistance organizations provide?
- What kind of support can the American Red Cross provide?
- What kind of support can behavioral health services provide?
- What kind of support can food pantries provide?
- What kind of support can volunteer groups (MRC, CERT, DART) provide?
- What kind of support can amateur radio clubs provide?
- What is Mass 211 and how can it help during a disaster?
- Who do we turn to for long-term recovery needs?
For more information please contact Tracy Rogers, Regional Preparedness Manager, Franklin Regional Council of Governments
Click here for a flyer and registration information.