Psychological First Aid Mobile App
The Psychological First Aid (PFA) Tutorial app provides information on site for persons who have been trained in PFA procedures. The PFA mobile app is available for Apple and Android devices making it very accessible and easy to use while in the field following a traumatic event, natural disaster, public health emergency, act of terrorism, or personal crisis. First responders, health care providers, mental health providers and Medical Reserve Corps volunteers are able to practice scenarios that provide valuable opportunities to check individuals’ readiness and understanding. The app also reviews self-care actions appropriate for PFA providers and responders before, during, and after responding to an emergency event.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID APP
- The app promotes safety, connectedness, and self empowerment
- Users can review ways to engage with disaster survivors in a supportive manner
- PFA app lists common reactions to traumatic events to help health providers
- Outlines how to recognize when a referral to a mental health provider is indicated
Emergency Responder Self-care App
This mobile app aids those deployed to emergency response events in maintaining their own physical, emotional, and social well-being. It provides checklists for before, during, and after deployment that help responders pack for deployment, take care of daily needs, maintain important relationships, reflect on experiences, and more. Customizable reminders ensure that critical tasks are not forgotten and tips explain why certain aspects of self care are vital. A variety of responders will find this app useful to help manage their self care while working in demanding situations, when caring for oneself is essential in order to help and care for others.
The Emergency Responder Self Care App is available at iTunes.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF EMERGENCY RESPONDER SELF CARE APP
- Checklists for before, during, and after emergency response deployment
- Encourages physical, emotional, and social well-being to maximize performance
- Customizable reminders are tailored to situation and responder