Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the MEDICAL RESERVE CORP. In order to complete the application process and be considered Deployment-Ready, a few things must happen:
1. REGISTER at www.MAResponds.org NOTE: after clicking ‘register now’, click the ‘add organizations’ link (next to the orange symbol) and please be sure to select local MRC group you would like to become a member of. (You can use the arrow symbols to click through to the MRC you want to join (i.e. Berkshire MRC or Hampshire MRC)
2. Complete and mail a CORI Authorization Form. After you fill out the Background Check portion of your MA responds application completely, you can download a ‘pre-populated form’ from the site, have it notarized and send it to the address on the bottom of the form.
NOTE: if you plan to join Berkshire MRC and Franklin MRC there is no need to send a CORI form for both units – one will do for both!
3. COMPLETE REQUIRED TRAINING and record having done so in your MA Responds profile. Required training may vary by unit; HERE are the required trainings for Berkshire and Franklin MRC’s
4. Get your ID BADGE. Check with your unit administrator to see what the process is for getting your badge.
Berkshire and Franklin volunteers, please use this LINK to order your MRC ID badge. Badge and lanyard will cost $11.54 and you can choose your own shipping method. Volunteers will be asked to demonstrate that they’ve ordered a badge prior to being scheduled to volunteer.
5. Immediately after your register, you will receive an email from the MAResponds system thanking you for registering. This is the email system MRC uses to notify you of volunteer and trainings opportunities. Unfortunately, these emails sometimes end up in spam – so if you don’t see and email after you register, please look for it and change settings as needed).
There are many ways to volunteer with the Medical Reserve Corps. Whichever way you choose, we ask that you read our Policy and Procedure Manual to decide if you can honor our guiding principles.
We’d love to share with you a few of the benefits of being an MRC Volunteer – as we have heard them from our members. There are many current volunteer opportunities – something for everyone! If you have a skill and an idea – we’ll find a place for you!
Here are our Expectations of Volunteers when representing MRC to the community at events.